Friday, March 13, 2009

WOMEN'S TEES in 2006


first try tees



Piece of Lo & Drew's wedding quilt went into this tee.


The sequins came from a 1970's gown.






front & back tees



This is when I was into making shirts that could be worn frontwards and backwards.

Little Jobbie Socks modeling.





Sweet Lorraine.

My sisters ordered my tees and modeled them for me. Then my parents ordered more to give as Christmas gifts. My family is basically TOPS. Just look!


Mom, Dad, Grandma Mary & Grandpa Ron, Grandma Gege and Aunt Renee and Robin came to the Flower Basket's Fashion Show where my line was featured.






Grandma Gege sewed the sequins on these shirts for me!


Here's how the tee making began:
I BOUGHT A PACK OF MEN'S WHITE V-NECK TEES. WHEN I TRIED THEM ON, "I THOUGHT, OH, MAN! $8 WASTED! THESE SHIRTS DON'T FLATTER. IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE THE SHIRTS WORK I TRIED SLIMMING THEM DOWN. AT FIRST I HAND-STITCHED, THEM I MADE MINA DO ONE, THEN SHE SHOWED ME HOW TO DO WHAT I WANTED ON A SEWING MACHINE.
I BEGUN DYING SHIRTS.
MY ROOMATES AND I CALLED IT THE SUMMER OF CRAFTS AND STARTED ADDING DECALS TO THE SHIRTS.
THAT YEAR I FOUND VINTAGE KNIT FABRIC AND MADE MY OWN PATTERN FOR MY VERY GIRLIE TEE SHIRTS.
I SOLD 40 OF MY SHIRTS AT A GREAT BOUTIQUE IN PROVO, THE FLOWER BASKET. THEY EVEN HAD A FASHION SHOW FEATURING MY TEE SHIRTS.


my summer shirts









my byu tees

 

 
THE CANNON SISTERS, WYNN & LIBBY